The holidays are over, 2011 is here and the cold weather is setting in. It is important to stay on top of winter maintenance to insure your home and family are protected. The following ideas will help you with this task.
1. Monitor your home for water damage or dampness. Causes of water damage can be groundwater from rain seeping into your home, leaking pipes inside walls and pipes bursting from freezing.
2. After storms walk around your home checking for damage.
3. Keep an eye out for pests. Seal any holes or cracks where pests can enter your home.
4. Check your furnace filter and replace if needed.
5. Clean lint from your dryer.
6. Vacuum under your refriderator.
For more ideas and details Click Here.
Information courtesy of MSN Real Estate by Marilyn Lewis