With all the hype of a possible storm headed toward Western Washington this weekend, I wanted to give a few tips to help you prepare!
- Bring in your patio and yard furniture or any other lose items that can turn into dangerous flying objects
- Have a generator ready
- Make sure you have enough food and water supplies in case you lose power
- Evaluate any trees close to your home & remove branches that could potentially cause danger
- Make sure your gutters and drains are clear to prevent flooding
- Securely close and fasten all doors and windows
Waiting until the last minute or until it is too late is one of the biggest mistakes people including myself usually make. Remember, it’s always better to be over prepared than underprepared! I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend!