If you’re a seller, I’m sure your goal is to get the most buyers interested in your property. One of the most impactful ways to attract buyers to your home is to make the most of your outdoor spaces! The outside of a house is one of the first things a buyer sees, so focusing on it’s potential will not only catch potential buyers’ attention, but will allow your property to stand out from the rest. Here’s a list of the TOP FIVE things you can do in any climate to maximize your outdoor space:
- Focus on first impression & curb appeal: Ensure the driveway and walkways are clear, clean, and nicely edged. This will allow the front door and garage doors to look crisp and inviting. Curb appeal also means making sure all garden beds are raked out and landscaping is trimmed up. These simple enhancements can make for a powerful first impression.
- Give your windows a little TLC: Making sure your windows are clean and streak-free is a must. This allows for the sunlight to stream through and illuminate the space and also give the best opportunity for a potential buyer to notice the incredible outside views available from the rooms in your home.
- Get some green: Never underestimate the power of plants and flowers. Put out pots on walkways and in other outdoor living spaces such as boxwoods, evergreen azaleas, or even small cedars. Depending on your climate, keep a look out for winter-blooming plants such as heathers, hellebores, and crocus to add some color!
- Set the stage: Many sellers make the mistake of only focusing on the inside of their home when selling during the winter. Don’t be fooled! If you have a fire pit and some all-weather chairs or benches, consider putting some throw pillows out there with some colorful matching blankets and even the fixings for s’mores. All of a sudden, you’ve entirely expanded your living space and given your buyers a visual of a cozy night at home by the fire!
- Lights, camera, ACTION: Invest in some outdoor hardwired landscape lighting that accents trees to give your home that extra wow factor. You can also put up white party lights, deck lighting, or battery-powered candles in lanterns and hurricane shades. Don’t let lack of outdoor hardwiring keep you from showing off your outdoor living space!
Listing your home during the winter can be advantageous if you put the work in to stand out from the rest. Get an edge over other homes on the market by making your outdoor spaces shine. Give me a call or send an email, and I’ll be happy to help you make a plan when it’s time to list!
Jerry Blankers | 360-410-1297 | JerryBlankers@MuljatGroupNorth.com